The Communications Coordinator leads promotional efforts to support Alliance Française’s educational, social and cultural programs. This position leads AFMSP’s external communications including its website, social media channels, quarterly newsletter, weekly electronic newsletter and other marketing efforts, such as the semi-annual Open House events or annual French Resource Directory.
The Communications Coordinator serves on the Marketing Committee, supervises marketing interns, and reports to the Executive Director. This position calls for speaking, reading, and writing in both French and English. The qualified candidate will have an interest in international exchange, impeccable organizational skills and an outgoing personality.
The Communications Coordinator will work 12-16 hours per week during regular business hours. Exact schedule to be determined with Executive Director upon hire.
$13 to $15 per hour;
401K plan with employer match after 11 months seniority;
Free, off-street parking;
Free tuition in AFMSP on-site classes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Executive Director, other staff, and committees on promoting AFMSP educational and cultural programs to current contacts and new audiences.
• Assist with the design and distribution of brochures, flyers, mailings and event calendars.
• Support production of quarterly newsletter, Le Courrier, and weekly electronic newsletter, les Nouvelles de l’Alliance Française.
• Maintain AFMSP website and manage social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat).
• Ensure correct usage of AFMSP style guide and branding.
• Support marketing efforts such as semi-annual Open Houses (September/March), as well as AFMSP participation in community events and festivals.
• Work with other staff to recruit, train and supervise interns.
• Attend staff and committee meetings, other events as requested.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Serve as an ambassador for the organization in the community.
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills in English and conversational French skills strongly encouraged.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred.
• Highly organized self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills.
• Experience with InDesign, SquareSpace, Constant Contact or similar programs.
• Prior experience with Alliance Française or other non-profit organizations preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alliance Française Mpls/St Paul is committed to offering equal employment opportunities.