Job Title: Bookkeeper
Type: Part-time, non-exempt
Schedule: 12 hours per week to be scheduled 2-3 weekdays during the hours of 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Exact days and times are
flexible and to be determined with candidate and Executive Director.
Compensation: DOQ, $23 to $25 per hour
Start date: June 7, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Oversee financial and accounting activities for 2 nonprofit entities and a Capital Campaign in process. Assist Executive Director as
requested to provide financial information.
- Shepherd junior staff in all bookkeeping functions as necessary.
- Prepare monthly and periodic financial reports as needed and requested for Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Prepare required worksheets and information for annual Audit by CPA firm, work with CPA during related fieldwork and follow up.
Assure compliance with federal and state financial reporting requirements. Prepare annual reports required by government agencies such as
Departments of Labor and Commerce.
Verify processing of cash receipts and bank deposits. Monitor cash flow and bank account balances. Prepare occasional check payments.
- Verify reconciliation of bank statements and credit card accounts.
Serve as a backup and resource to Office Manager on financial and personnel matters. Oversee organization’s 401K plan, prepare and submit
related annual IRS filings.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget; monitor and report on budgetary compliance throughout fiscal period.
- Work with Office Manager to maintain records on payments to Independent Contractors and prepare annual 1099 forms.
Work with Executive Director and insurance brokers on insurance coverage for both organizations, including health, worker’s compensation,
directors and officers, professional, business owner’s liability and 401K bond. Maintain insurance records and policies.
- Use accounting and spreadsheet software to maintain financial records, and similar tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Accounting.
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks software as well as Microsoft Suite (Excel).
- Proven experience with non-profit finance and administration.
- Prior experience with Alliance Française and conversational French skills strongly encouraged.
Please send your CV and references to email@example.com.