Job Title: Bookkeeper
Type: Part-time, non-exempt
Schedule: 12 hours per week to be scheduled 2-3 weekdays during the hours of 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Exact days and times are
flexible and to be determined with candidate and Executive Director.
Compensation: DOQ, $23 to $25 per hour
Start date: February 1, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Manage financial and accounting activities for 2 nonprofit entities and a Capital Campaign in process. Assist Executive Director as
requested to provide financial information.
- Prepare monthly financial reports as needed and requested for Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Prepare required worksheets and information for annual Audit by CPA, work with CPA during related fieldwork and follow up. Assure compliance
with federal and state financial reporting requirements.
- Supervise processing of cash receipts and bank deposits. Monitor cash flow and bank account balances.
- Supervise Accounts Payable and Receivable. Prepare some check payments.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget; monitor and report on budgetary compliance throughout fiscal period.
- Oversee organization’s 401k plan and assist in preparation and submission of required IRS filings.
- Use accounting and spreadsheet software to maintain financial records, and similar tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Accounting.
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks software as well as Microsoft Suite (Excel).
- Proven experience with non-profit finance and administration.
- Prior experience with Alliance Française and conversational French skills strongly encouraged.
Please send your CV and references to email@example.com.